[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in debian form

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Thu Jul 23 15:32:16 UTC 2009

#769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in
debian form
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warner     |           Owner:  zooko
     Type:  defect     |          Status:  assigned
Changes (by zooko):

 * cc: blackdew@… (added)
  * keywords:  => debian
  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 I set up a pycryptopp buildslave on a server owned by allmydata.com named
 "slave-etch":

 http://allmydata.org/buildbot-pycryptopp/builders/allmydata.com%20debian-
 etch-i686

 I looked around, but allmydata.com doesn't seem to run a Debian lenny
 server.  As soon as Brian tells me what's wrong with the flappserver setup
 (above), I'll set that up to receive .deb's at hanford.

 Meanwhile, does someone want to volunteer to run a Debian lenny (5.0)
 buildslave?  We already have a Debian sid (unstable) buildslave thanks to
 Black Dew:

 http://allmydata.org/buildbot-pycryptopp/builders/BlackDew%20debian-
 unstable-i386/builds/11/steps/stdeb/logs/stdio

 Oh, I see that "stdeb 0.3-bdew-custom-fixes (/usr/lib/python2.5/site-
 packages/stdeb-0.3_bdew_custom_fixes-py2.5.egg)" doesn't satisfy the
 requirement that I just added of {{{stdeb >= 0.3}}}.  :-)  I'll loosen
 that requirement to just {{{stdeb}}}.  Black Dew: what custom fixes are in
 that package?  I think you reported them all to stdeb upstream (Andrew
 Straw), but I'm not sure.  Black Dew: would you be willing to set up a
 flapp client to upload the resulting .deb's for Debuan unstable to our apt
 repository?

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/769#comment:6>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>