[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in debian form

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Thu Jul 23 17:16:49 UTC 2009

#769: debian 'sid' package fails to run: pycryptopp-0.5.15 not available in
debian form
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  warner     |           Owner:  zooko
     Type:  defect     |          Status:  assigned

Comment(by warner):

 sorry, use lowercase "-c" or "--comment", not uppercase "-C".

 You could manually build pycryptopp debs on each of the allmydata-owned
 debian buildslaves: we have one for each debian release that we make tahoe
 .debs for (obviously). This is what I do each time I make a new foolscap
 release, regardless of whether tahoe depends upon it the new version or
 not. I have a script to reduce the typing involved, though. The list is in
 the {{{AdminServers}}} on the (allmydata-only) dev trac instance, or in
 the comments on the buildmaster config's slavename list.

 The reason I'm concerned about this is because the tahoe debs that we've
 been building for years now are useless without all of the support debs.
 pycryptopp is the only one that we're missing. Until we have updated
 pycryptopp debs, users of those older platforms (including Hardy, the
 current Ubuntu long-term-support release) will be forced to build their
 own, a relatively difficult and annoying process for someone used to
 simply typing "apt-get install allmydata-tahoe". In addition, servers
 which are already running hardy (such as the allmydata.com hosts) will be
 unable to upgrade until their admins manually build pycryptopp debs.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/769#comment:7>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>