[tahoe-dev] Windwos installation problems

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:30:22 UTC 2009

Dear Black Dew:

Thanks for the bug report.  I've looked at the error messages you
attached and at the moment I'm confused by them.  Maybe after some
more coffee it will make sense.

I'll also upload some binaries for Windows for python 2.6.  Oh, I see
that there are already binaries of zfec for Windows uploaded to the
tahoe test grid:

http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI%3ADIR2-RO%3Asnrfwfxatrci35zdgjnzxxx2ke%3Aunarxv347edtku3xzmefy4mcdmfngxzeb72iyqcadbjzjpczjx5a/index.html

If you edit your setup.cfg file and add that URL to the list of
"find_links" then when you build Tahoe-LAFS it should use the binary
instead of trying to compile zfec.

Hopefully we can quickly fix some of the issues mentioned in this
comment in setup.cfg so that we can start relying on the tahoe test
grid for regular builds:

# The following is a directory on the test grid which holds a bunch of
packages of dependencies.
# It is commented-out because unfortunately the test grid is currently
(2009-03-05) too
# unreliable -- it occasionally fails, and when it fails it usually
does so by waiting a very
# long time with no response to the HTTP GET.  This occasionally makes
builds painfully slow.
# There are several issues which might be responsible for this bad
behavior of test grid: #193,
# #253, #287, #651, #653.

tickets mentioned in this message:
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/193 # pauses during streaming
music at a party
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/253 # everything stalls after
abrupt disconnect
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/287 # download: tolerate
lost/missing peers
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/651 # handle MemoryError by
failing quickly and loudly
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/653 # introducer client:
connection count is wrong, !VersionedRemoteReference needs EQ