[tahoe-dev] Test runs for hours

Marcel Krause webtech-ws08 at web.de
Sun Jun 14 23:50:40 UTC 2009

Hello list,

on one of my computers I installed tahoe successfully and the tests
ran within a few minutes. On another machine, one of the tests is
running very long. Both run Ubuntu 8.10 interpid.

The first time I tried to cancel it with ctrl+c after half an hour.
It printed something like "aborting", but did not return to bash,
so I killed it.

Then I tried again, went to do other things... and now it is still
running, after more than 6 hours. The system load is 1.00 constantly.
So it seems to not be just an infinite loop, which would raise the
load above 1.00.

Does it take so long because the second computer is slower?
First tried computer: 2x 2.6 GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM
Second tried computer: 1x 1 GHz CPU, 512 MB RAM
Although I think even with the hardware speed factor the tests
should take no more than 2 or 3 hours there.

If the hardware speed is not the problem, how can I try and trace
the problem? I attached the last block of output below.

Kind regards,
Marcel