[tahoe-dev] buildbot news: Dan's ArchLinux promoted; Black Dew's buildbots added

dan McNair glucnac at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 04:15:50 UTC 2009

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009, Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:

> Thanks to Dan for running the ArchLinux builder all this time.  I've now
> officially promoted it to Supported Builder status.

Yays!

/me does a little dance

> Hey Dan, want to add Tahoe-LAFS into the ArchLinux package repository?
> :-)

I can make a pkg for Tahoe two ways; one quick and easy but very dirty way
would be to let easy_install pull in all the dependencies at build time
and install everything as an all-or-none type thing.

The harder way would be to make sure some sort of up-to-date pkg already
exists for all the dependencies, then point to everything appropriately.
This means I need to make packages not only for tahoe itself, but also for
pycryptopp, zfec, nevow, foolscap, and any dependencies of theirs that are
not already in the repos.

(No nevow kind of surprises me. I get to do the Arch world a service,
woot!)

Anyway, I want to do it the right but harder way, and will need a little
time to get it rolling. I'll do my best to get it all together in a way
that will allow me to update to new releases quickly, but getting the
first one out the door won't be super fast. I have a life, after all-- as
I'm sure we all do!