[tahoe-dev] v1.5 here we come!

Andrej Falout andrej at falout.org
Thu Jun 18 02:31:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Zooko O'Whielacronx <zookog at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2009, at 17:13 PM, Andrej Falout wrote:
> >
> > Hi Francois,
> >
> > Any chance for a fix in a near future? 1.3 no longer works (usably) with
> allmydata.com and I do need Unicode support, so I cant do backups ATM...
>
> What changed which caused this regression?

What caused it to (stop working) is that Allmydata.com upgraded to 1.4.
Occasionally it works for a day or two, and then starts going in circles,
mostly ends up with

allmydata.scripts.tahoe_backup.HTTPError: Error during file PUT: 500
Internal Server Error

or

ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

It is really hard to tell what actual errors are, as in most cases user gets
drowned in the see of HTML dumped to the terminal, and "incident" files
helpfully contain 367 lines containing word 'error'. Messages indications a
cause of the error, about which a user might be able to do something, are
just a dream of mine...

The next step for François's unicode patches is to write complete
> tests.  For example, here is one of the patches:
>

> http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/attachment/ticket/534/%20tahoe%20manifest%20unicode%20support.darcspatch

Any progress? I could sure use a fix...

Thanks,
Andrej Falout