[tahoe-dev] new stable grid volunteers

Luke Scharf luke.scharf at clusterbee.net
Mon Mar 2 19:32:05 UTC 2009

Andrej Falout wrote:
> Thanks Brian,
>
> We could also bring sizelimit= back as is, with a warning that it may take a
>
>> long time to reatart the node when there are a lot of shares.
>>

> Yes please, as without it the volunteers grid will not be an option for a
> number of people, including me.
>
> I am assuming it should be easy to bypass space checks completely, when the
> variable sizelimit= is not set, so it should not have negative impact on
> anyone not specifying a value there.

I know that this may not apply to your situation, but it seems like
running the Tahoe node in a VM of some sort is a good idea.  That would
put the Tahoe server into it's own security-container -- so, in the
unlikely event that some catastrophic security bug were found in the
node-daemon, the rest of your stuff would be protected.

-Luke