[tahoe-dev] [cap-talk] TiddlyWiki on Tahoe (was: Re: Bespin, Caja, Tahoe)

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Sat Mar 7 15:20:31 UTC 2009

Hi Jed.  Thanks for experimenting with Tahoe.

On Mar 7, 2009, at 0:53 AM, Jed Donnelley wrote:

> Unfortunately, when I try to "Create Directory!" from:
>
> http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/
>
> I get:
> __________
> <class 'allmydata.mutable.common.UncoordinatedWriteError'>:

This is issue http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/651 (errors on
directory write: UncoordinatedWriteError, KeyError).

The test grid is serving two roles at the moment -- one roles is
trying out the latest patches and configurations to see how things
break (for people buildng tahoe), another is serving as a way to
demonstrate what tahoe is, share files with each other, and
experiment (for people building on top of tahoe).  Unfortunately
these two roles sometimes conflict.

Until someone fixes #651, your best bet is either to sign up for the
30-day free trial of http://allmydata.com or ask this mailing list if
anyone minds if use the Volunteer Grid: http://nooxie.zooko.com:9797/ .