[tahoe-dev] buildbot update

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:29:55 UTC 2009

Okay!  Almost all builders have levelled up to Supported status!  Send
more buildbots!  I especially want a buildbot on Arc's rusty dusty
Pentium III, since he reported test failures there (#659) and on
Zandr's NAS device, since there are test failures there (pycryptopp
#17).

The buildbots which graduated to the ranks of Supported are: Eugen
lenny-amd64, zooko yukyuk jauntyish, Ruben Fedora, zooko draco Mac-PPC
10.4, and zooko ootles Mac-amd64 10.4

That leaves poor Dan ArchLinux as the only Unsupported test builder,
and deb-lenny-amd64 and deb-intrepid-amd64 as the two Unsupported deb
builders.

As for the latter, they are successfully building .debs, and I'm
waiting for Brian to decide how he wants those .debs to get uploaded
and added to our apt repository.

As for the former, it is really weird.  zope.interface enters a long recursion:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot/builders/Dan%20ArchLinux/builds/273/steps/test/logs/stdio

  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 1348, in __get__
    return implementedBy(cls)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 354, in implementedByFallback
    spec = Implements(*[implementedBy(c) for c in bases])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 343, in implementedByFallback
    spec = Implements(*_normalizeargs(spec))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 1370, in _normalizeargs
    _normalizeargs(v, output)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 1370, in _normalizeargs
    _normalizeargs(v, output)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 1370, in _normalizeargs
    _normalizeargs(v, output)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 1370, in _normalizeargs
    _normalizeargs(v, output)
969 more frames like this
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 1370, in _normalizeargs
    _normalizeargs(v, output)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/zope/interface/declarations.py",
line 1369, in _normalizeargs
    for v in sequence:
TypeError: 'str' object is not iterable

What?  'str' object is not iterable?  Is too!  Examining
declarations.py line 1370 doesn't tell me how that can recurse 973
times:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Elandscape/zope3/production/annotate/head%3A/src/zope/interface//declarations.py#L1369

It says this:

    def _normalizeargs(sequence, output = None):
        for v in sequence:
            _normalizeargs(v, output)

So does this imply that there is a data structure with a loop being
passed?  Or at least a data structure which is more than 973 levels
deep?

tickets mentioned in this email:
http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/659 # tests fail on rusty dusty server
http://allmydata.org/trac/pycryptopp/ticket/17 # pycryptopp fails