[tahoe-dev] Google Summer of Code! Mentors and Ideas wanted.

Jack Lloyd lloyd at randombit.net
Fri Mar 13 20:59:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:14:11PM -0600, zooko wrote:
> We could use more Mentors!  To be a Mentor does *not* necessarily
> require familiarity with the Tahoe code-base nor even with Python
> (because some of the best GSoC ideas are more about building on top
> of Tahoe through the wapi).

I've added myself to the list on the wiki.

I have little familiarity with Tahoe's design or implementation (read
the PyCon paper, and looked at perhaps 5% of the sources), but I know
Python and C/C++ reasonably well, and have some knowledge of
cryptography and capability systems, so depending on the projects
students decide on I may be usable for mentoring purposes.

-Jack