[tahoe-dev] Tahoe on NAS boxes?

Francois Deppierraz francois at ctrlaltdel.ch
Wed May 6 14:44:58 UTC 2009

Ben Hyde wrote:

> Anybody spun tahoe up on one or more of these?

I have been running a Tahoe storage node successfully on a Debian lenny
running on a QNAP TS-109 NAS. This box is built around a 500 MHz ARM
processor and 128 MB RAM.

It was running well as storage node only but downloading a file through
its webapi took ages. It's not clear however if the performance penalty
came from decryption, erasure-coding or something else.

I'll probably try to reinstall it to get a few benchmarks running on it.
And a buildbot as well, why not ? ;)

François