[tahoe-dev] Tahoe on NAS boxes?

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Wed May 6 15:07:17 UTC 2009

> It was running well as storage node only but downloading a file
> through its webapi took ages. It's not clear however if the
> performance penalty came from decryption, erasure-coding or
> something else.
>
> I'll probably try to reinstall it to get a few benchmarks running
> on it. And a buildbot as well, why not ? ;)

Yes, please!  We already have one, but two is way better than one.
For example, the fact that it ever worked at all on yours shows that
there is some important difference between yours and Zandr's.  :-)

I would like to hook up Zandr's and yours to automated benchmarks
(such as [1]) so that getting benchmarking information isn't a manual
process.

Although again, that's benchmarking automation is something that is a
lot more likely to happen a lot sooner if someone volunteers to do
it.  ;-)

[1] http://allmydata.org/tahoe-figleaf-graph/hanford.allmydata.com-
tahoe_speedstats_rate.html