[tahoe-dev] Installation error

John matrixpoint at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:49:51 UTC 2009

Could someone please help me with this installation error?
Do I really have to install Cygwin? Thanks.

File "C:...\allmydata-tahoe-1.4.1\setuptools-0.6c12dev.egg\setuptools\command\easy_install.py", line 927, in run_setup
distutils.errors.DistutilsError: Setup script exited with error:
Pythonwas built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.