[tahoe-dev] Installation error

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Fri May 29 05:04:47 UTC 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 22:44 PM, John wrote:

> Zooko, thanks for the fix. However, I have 2 new problems (darcs
> not found and No module named win32api):

The darcs thing is just a warning -- the only improvement would be to
make it smart enough to know when it doesn't need to warn about that.

The other thing is this issue:

http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/142 # pywin32 can't be
installed with setuptools

Would you please try the following experiment?  Edit _auto_deps.py
(careful -- the "_auto_deps.py" in the root of the package, not the
one in src/allmydata/) and comment-in the lines that say if on
Windows, require pywin32.

Then try building again and see if it works.  If so, great!  I was
wrong when I wrote that comment saying that it does work, or
setuptools or pywin32 have improved since then.  If it doesn't work,
then manually install pywin32 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/
pywin32/ and then help me think of a better way to handle this.

Thanks!