[tahoe-dev] GridBackup moved to Github

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at gmail.com
Sat May 30 13:58:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

I tried it out, here a few things :

* no README at the root of project, it would be nice to have a small
description of how to use it
* I tried backup.py with -h or --help and it just started scanning my entire
system, had to CTRL-C to stop it because I didn't know what it was doing.
* the tests are hard wired to the default python, so since i'm on ubuntu and
only python2.5 (and not python2.6 which is default) has pycrypto, I couldn't
run them
* I initially had an import error on _librsync which I did not find after a
"python setup.py build" (since I guessed it was a python-c module), then I
found it on my system from the duplicity package (locate _librsync.so)
copied it and it worked
* it's not entirely clear what is code and what is not in the documentation

I'll be watching this project, since the description is what I've been
looking for. Since I know python I might even try to find time to code a
bit.

Thanks for the project.

Arthur