[tahoe-dev] GridBackup moved to Github

Shawn Willden shawn-tahoe at willden.org
Sun May 31 02:28:24 UTC 2009

On Saturday 30 May 2009 07:58:31 am Arthur Lutz wrote:
> * I tried backup.py with -h or --help and it just started scanning my
> entire system, had to CTRL-C to stop it because I didn't know what it was
> doing. * the tests are hard wired to the default python, so since i'm on
> ubuntu and only python2.5 (and not python2.6 which is default) has
> pycrypto, I couldn't run them

I understand this issue now.  This is what comes from going months without
touching the code.

What you need isn't pycrypto, it's pycryptopp.  If you run

	sudo easy_install pycryptopp

that should download, build and install the necessary package.

As for _librsync, I've incorporated it into the source and configured setup.py
to build it, so "./setup.py build" will build it.  Unfortunately, that
doesn't put it in the directory where the source is, so you need to copy it
from the build directory into the source dir to run the tests.

I updated the README with most everything that should be needed to build and
run GridBackup (such as it is).

	Shawn.