[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #637: support "keep this much disk space free" on Windows as well as other platforms

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Sat Nov 21 05:13:19 UTC 2009

#637: support "keep this much disk space free" on Windows as well as other
platforms
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zooko                |           Owner:  zooko
     Type:  defect               |          Status:  new

Comment(by davidsarah):

 We're already way over 79 characters for many lines in the existing
 source.

 Actually I think (although this is probably the wrong place to have the
 discussion) that the 79-character limit is completely obsolete for modern
 screens and programming languages. Consider lines such as
 {{{
 stats['storage_server.disk_free_for_nonroot'] = disk['free_for_nonroot']
 }}}
 or
 {{{
 storagedir = os.path.join(self.sharedir,
 storage_index_to_dir(storage_index))
 }}}

 Wrapping them would just make them less readable, not more.

 OTOH, 100 characters is a reasonable limit, so I'll try to reformat the
 patch to satisfy that.

 Apologies for the darcs patch description; darcs dumped me into an editor
 that was using the wrong code page, so I got a screenful of mojibake and
 had to type the description blind.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/637#comment:31>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>