[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #840: Allow all CLI commands to take arguments from stdin or a file, to avoid caps being visible to other users

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Tue Nov 24 11:52:13 UTC 2009

#840: Allow all CLI commands to take arguments from stdin or a file, to avoid
caps being visible to other users
----------------------------------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  davidsarah                                    |           Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                                   |          Status:  new

Comment(by azazel):

 I do not find the alias usage ugly as you just have to create an alias for
 the root of the tree that you want to use. After that, you can use
 standard slashes "addressing". By the way, it would be useful to have the
 arguments and options for a command to be read from a file, but i would
 rather use a more "normal" way of specifying it like a -c or -f option
 followed by a file path, and where the specified file contains options and
 arguments in INI or dict like syntax.
 I would prefer for the stdin to be used for data, rather than options or
 arguments:-). In any case a "-" seems a more standardized way of
 specifying it in unix world.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/840#comment:3>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>