[tahoe-dev] 'Client' caching?

Nathan Eisenberg nathan at atlasnetworks.us
Thu Nov 26 07:45:43 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask questions.

I'm experimenting with a 10 node Tahoe cluster.  So far, I'm very happy with the storage resiliency.  However, I'm looking for ways to boost performance a bit.  My intended use is to store frequently accessed static content in Tahoe, and use it a bit like a small CDN.  With this in mind, some caching mechanism would seem to be the best  approach, since it appears that the 'client' portion of tahoe does not maintain cached files in memory for any period of time.

My first instinct was to turn to Squid.  However, I quickly discovered that because my JPG was being decrypted every time I accessed it, Squid was concluding that it had been changed, and dumping it from the cache.  I am now poking around for other solutions, but thought I would seek out your wisdom first.

What are other people doing in their deployments of tahoe to augment performance?  Is there a caching method anyone else has used which has worked well?

-Nathan