[tahoe-dev] Android Tahoe-LAFS client

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 20:26:02 UTC 2009

François:

Sweet!  Way to go!  Will you please send this announcement to
tahoe-announce at allmydata.org as well?

By the way, this reminds me that we probably need to rename the thing
which acts as a Tahoe-LAFS storage protocol client and a Tahoe-LAFS
HTTP protocol server from "client" to "gateway" (or something).  See
how you had to struggle to explain whether it was just the *client*
client or the LAFS-client-and-HTTP-server that runs on Android?  The
same problem arises when sketching on a napkin the Network (and
Reliance) Topoogy Diagram: [1].

So unless someone has a better idea, I'm going to start calling the
thing in the middle there the "gateway" and stop calling it "the
client" (even though it *is* an LAFS/SSL/TCP/IP client).

[1] http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/file/URI%3ACHK%3A6opfg3uvhrvixw7c5u7kye3bjq%3Aeiqvmup7yog2rlwa2acoom2jrmgciuwr5bw5vkemxuqyg2jfbsqq%3A3%3A10%3A50638/@@named=/network-and-reliance-topology-thumb512.png