[tahoe-dev] Android Tahoe-LAFS client

Francois Deppierraz francois at ctrlaltdel.ch
Sat Oct 3 14:55:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

Nathan wrote:

> I haven't had luck uploading yet.  Sounds like it's time to start
> learning how to do runtime android debugging.

Uploading is currently done in the UI thread which is not recommended.
This means that the whole application stall during a file upload, I plan
to fix this one as soon as possible. In the meantime, uploading small
files should probably work. If it crashed on your phone, I'm interested
in the backtrace.

When your phone is connected to your computer via a UBS cable, you
should be able to get all the necessary logs with the 'adb' command
available from the Android SDK.

adb logcat debug

You also can retrieve this log by running the 'SendLog' application
directly on your phone. This application also support sending the log
file by email.

Thanks for giving it a try,

Cheers,

François