[tahoe-dev] Must be overlooking something: unable to findvcvarsall.bat

Vanderlinden, Chris Chris.Vanderlinden at ICTGROUP.COM
Fri Oct 23 14:44:32 UTC 2009

Thanks David, I am definitely going to give 2.6.2 a try.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: tahoe-dev-bounces at allmydata.org
[mailto:tahoe-dev-bounces at allmydata.org] On Behalf Of David Coffey
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:52 PM
To: tahoe-dev at allmydata.org
Subject: Re: [tahoe-dev] Must be overlooking something: unable to
findvcvarsall.bat

Vanderlinden, Chris wrote:
> Steps taken:
>
> Steps so far I took were the following:
>
> Installed Python 2.6.3
> Installed Pywin32-214
> Installed MinGW5.1.4(with g++)
> Grabbed the Tahoe-1.5.0.tar.gz file
> Grabbed the tahoe.deps.tar.gz file
>
> Extracted both to c:\allmydata-tahoe-1.5.0
>
> Ran: python setup.py build_tahoe
> (path has both C:\MinGW\bin and c:\Python26 setup)
>
> Any ideas on what I must have overlooked?

Try using Python version 2.6.2
I had the same problem, and going to 2.6.2 resolved it.

I was also receiving  KeyError: '_zope_interface_coptimizations' when I
did not use the tahoe.deps.tar.gz file

It looks like it has to do with a change in distutils in 2.6.3 that
affected setuptools
This python bug report has more information
http://bugs.python.org/issue7064

I also found some more information in this mailing list thread.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2009-October/013534.html

David