[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #778: "shares of happiness" is the wrong measure; "servers of happiness" is better

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Fri Oct 30 09:46:32 UTC 2009

#778: "shares of happiness" is the wrong measure; "servers of happiness" is
better
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zooko               |           Owner:  kevan
     Type:  defect              |          Status:  new

Comment(by kevan):

 I'm uploading the new tests. I'll need to modify them again when we define
 a way to give the Encoder more information about which servers have which
 shares.

 It occurred to me when writing that test that my patch to Encoder doesn't
 do what I thought it did when I wrote it. Specifically, since
 self.landlords in an Encoder is simply a list of IStorageBucketWriters
 (I'm not sure what I thought they were, but it wasn't that), doing
 set(self.landlords) doesn't really do anything (let alone give a good
 value for the number of servers that are left). So I need to think of a
 better way of doing that, too.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/778#comment:68>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>