[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #778: "shares of happiness" is the wrong measure; "servers of happiness" is better

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Wed Sep 2 03:12:23 UTC 2009

#778: "shares of happiness" is the wrong measure; "servers of happiness" is
better
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zooko               |           Owner:  kevan
     Type:  defect              |          Status:  assigned

Comment(by kevan):

 Okay, there are three files, containing a few patches.

   * {{{behavior.txt}}} implements the behavior that we were discussing (at
 least that part of it that isn't relegated to #791). The bulk of this
 consists of changes in [source:/src/allmydata/immutable/upload.py
 upload.py] and [source:/src/allmydata/immutable/encode.py encode.py], with
 a minor change to [source:/src/allmydata/immutable/download.py
 download.py] (which is list item 1 above).
   * {{{docs.txt}}}, which updates [source:/docs/configuration.txt
 configuration.txt] and [source:/src/allmydata/interfaces.py interfaces.py]
 to reflect {{{servers_of_happiness}}}.
   * {{{tests.txt}}}, which updates a bunch of existing tests to work with
 the new semantics, and also adds a couple of new ones.

 (apologies for the amount of time that it has taken for a simple task;
 I've been on vacation for the past week or so, and haven't had as much
 time to work on this as I would have wanted)

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/778#comment:41>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>