[tahoe-dev] python 2.4 no longer supported?

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Mon Sep 14 01:37:19 UTC 2009

David Abrahams wrote:
> I got this when running "python setup.py install" with a python 2.4
>
>       with self.con:

Wow, that's annoying. Sounds like we should file a bug against pysqlite
to stop using non-2.4 features? Given that one of the big reasons for
folks to use pysqlite is for compatibility with python2.4 (since
python2.5+2.6 include sqlite3 in the stdlib), I'm surprised to see them
start using 2.5/2.6-only features like "with".

You might be able to find an earlier relase of pysqlite (one which
doesn't use 'with') and install it manually. Once you've done that,
tahoe's setup.py ought to detect it and use it, instead of trying to
download+install a new one. I don't know of anything you could possibly
pass to tahoe's install command that would cause it to intentionally
download an older version of pysqlite.

wacky,
 -Brian