[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #778: "shares of happiness" is the wrong measure; "servers of happiness" is better

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Tue Sep 22 17:47:07 UTC 2009

#778: "shares of happiness" is the wrong measure; "servers of happiness" is
better
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zooko               |           Owner:  kevan
     Type:  defect              |          Status:  new
Changes (by zooko):

  * owner:  warner => kevan

Comment:

 Brian doesn't know the answer to this off the top of his head, either.
 Help!  Assigning this ticket to "nobody".

 Oh wait, maybe repairer *doesn't* need to know servers of happiness.
 Maybe we should set it to 0.  Repair is currently intended to finish
 regardless of how well it is doing and then report to the user how well it
 did, so then it should just report the resulting servers of happiness when
 it is done.  That would, I ''think'' be analogous to the way the current
 repairer works with regard to shares of happiness (which by the way I
 wrote).  Kevan: does that make any sense?

 Assigning this ticket to Kevan.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/778#comment:48>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>