[tahoe-dev] benchmarking

Thomas Delaet thomas at delaet.org
Fri Sep 25 13:10:34 UTC 2009

I have a first profile of the blackmatch.py fuse implementation.

Procedure:
- Mounted the fuse filesystem. The filesystem runs under Python's
cProfile module.
- Executed test_postmark.sh (in attach, you'll need to change the
paths in the script and make sure postmark is installed on your pc. It
is in the ubuntu repositories)
- fusermount -u <mountdir>

In attach you find the result of the run.  If you open this with
Runsnake (http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/runsnakerun/), you see
a nice graphical overview. Since I'm not really familiar with the
code, I find it difficult to interpret. One thing I can see is that a
lot of time is spend in socket send/recv code. Is it an option to make
this non-blocking? Where do I start looking?

Other comments are more than welcome ...

Kind Regards

Thomas