[tahoe-dev] sudo apt-get install tahoe-lafs

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Mon Sep 28 22:40:28 UTC 2009

> Is there any way to test this package on a powerpc ubuntu system?
> The powerpc builds don't seem to be available at that repository
> (yet?).

Tahoe-LAFS itself is marked as "architecture: all", because it is
written in Python:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/tahoe-lafs

But perhaps some of its dependencies haven't been built for PowerPC yet?

Hm, yes these three are marked as i386 and amd64:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/python-openssl
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/python-pycryptopp
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/python-zfec

I'll ask on #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net why that is.

P.S.  Hi, Danny!  You are a super clever and amusing writer!  Please
write documentation for Tahoe-LAFS.