[tahoe-dev] Writing a tutorial

Guyzmo guyzmo+tahoe-lafs at m0g.net
Mon Aug 2 17:45:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

    after some time struggling with Tahoe to configure a standalone grid
for a project I'm working on, I found out about ticket #1024. Then I
suggested on IRC that I could write a tutorial with an 'almost' newbie
point of view.

So here it is :

    <http://m0g.net/~guyzmo/Tahoe-LAFS-Tutorial_Draft>

The images are uploaded as well on the same page.

For the time being, I prefer to work on it as a text file, but once it
covers most of the features needed, I'll put it on the trac's wiki.

So, for now, I've written how to configure a 3 nodes grid, with 2
storages clients and an introducer (introducer and one client in a VM
and the host as client too). What needs to be written now, is a little
explaination about capabilities and other tahoe-specific vocabulary,
what I'm going to take from existing documentation tomorrow, and the
different ways to access files: WUI/CLI/FTP/SFTP

If people have ideas on which other features I could talk about in that
tutorial, I'd be glad to cover more.

What is interesting me, is to go until writing custom accessors, using
WUI and if that's possible, using lower level API.

Of course, this could be written as a set of tutorials (Installing/Using/Hacking).

If anyone has comments, critics about the draft, please share it either
on the Mailing List, or on the IRC channel, where I am 'guyzmo'.

Cheers,

--
Guyzmo