[tahoe-dev] ANNOUNCING Tahoe, the Least-Authority File System, v1.8.0β

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Aug 4 00:23:22 UTC 2010

I tested

  http://tahoe-lafs.org/source/tahoe-lafs/snapshots/tahoe-lafs-ticket798-1.8.0β.tar.bz2

on netbsd-5 with python 2.6 as a client.  It seemed to basically work fine.

Two things I've been running into, not sure if they are problems or me
being confused:

  --repair seems to write a new version when there aren't enough shares,
  rather than just placing more shares of the existing version.

  probably due to above and sporadically reachable servers, I ended up
  with two different versions with the same sequence number, and
  "summary": "Unhealthy: multiple versions are recoverable" So, I'd like
  --repair to be able to 1) see if the values of the versions are the
  same, and if so move on, and 2) even if not, just pick one and repair.
  But, if --repair didn't write a new version, this might not be so
  necessary.