[tahoe-dev] Tahoe-LAFS v1.8 planning / Administrivia / Big Picture

Kyle Markley kyle at arbyte.us
Wed Aug 4 02:14:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 22:34:06 +0200, slush <slush at centrum.cz> wrote:
>> What do we want out of Tahoe-LAFS for the rest of 2010 and for 2011?
>> Oh shoot it is way too late to go into this now. Let me know what
>> *you* want out of Tahoe-LAFS for the rest of 2010 and for 2011! :-)
>
> Any way to implement verify-cap in near future? It would be very very
> helpful for me, because I manage leases/repairs for few people and in
> current implementation I have to know their R/W dircaps. They
> currently have to believe me. It is a big problem, because you are
> using highly secured system but you have to send access keys to
> somebody to manage your storage...

I'll second this.  On my grid I only have one machine that's reliable to
run cron jobs, so it currently has to have all the rootcaps.  :(

I'd also like to reiterate the old request for symlink support.  Old
versions followed symlinks and manipulated the files behind them.  New
versions skip symlinks entirely.  I'd like to be able to backup and restore
symlinks while retaining their character as symlinks, whether or not the
linked-to file exists.

--
Kyle Markley