[tahoe-dev] IPv6 support?

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Thu Aug 5 21:31:17 UTC 2010

>>> I wasn’t sure, so I thought I’d bring it up – does Tahoe support
>>> IPv6 yet? If not, where is it on the roadmap?
>>
>> Not yet. There's a feature request filled in trac #867 and it has
>> been previously discussed on this mailing-list, see this post¹.

I updated #867 with a pointer to a new foolscap#155 [1], which
references twisted#3014 [2]. It looks like Twisted is still working on
v6 support, but there has been some good progress in the last month.
Once Twisted gets v6 support, adding it to Foolscap won't be very hard.
And once Foolscap has it, adding it to Tahoe shouldn't be very hard. But
they mostly have to be fixed in that order, so we're stuck waiting on
Twisted. If you have any free time, please put some energy into
twisted#3014 .

[1]: http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac/ticket/155
[2]: http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3014