[tahoe-dev] build issues.

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sun Dec 19 20:41:26 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood
<david-sarah at jacaranda.org> wrote:

>> Any really major problems that we discover that could allow your
>> confidentiality or data-integrity to be compromised or could allow
>> your data to be destroyed get documented in the "known issues" file:
>>
>> http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/known_issues.rst
>
> Actually that only documents security issues that are unfixed in trunk.

Well, we do need a place for people to go to find out about important
issues in their non-current version of Tahoe-LAFS. Perhaps that place
is http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/historical/historical_known_issues.txt
?

At the moment there *aren't* any issues known in v1.6 or v1.7 except
for the ones that are also in v1.8 and therefore are documented in
known_issues.rst , but I would like to know where to tell people to
look so that in the future, after we've released v1.9 and updated
known_issues.rst, if we discover an important issue in v1.8, we can
update this doc and people who are still using v1.8 will know to be
looking at that doc.

In the past we've used known_issues.rst for that, but in recent
releases we've had so few critical issues that we're out of practice
about how to document them. :-)