[tahoe-dev] barriers to using tahoe

Jody Harris imhavoc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:13:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Raoul Duke <raould at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Jody Harris <imhavoc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wow, what a can of worms.
> > Good comments, though, all the way around.
>
> i'd like to stick with the can of worms for a little longer... :-)
>
> already, people in this discussion are showing their interest and
> passion about Tahoe by making suggestions about how to tackle the
> problem. i would like to suggest that the suggestions need to be made
> at a higher level, or another way of saying it is that the zeroth
> suggestion should be: how does one rope a "real" UX person into
> helping on this? otherwise i respectfully claim that you won't get the
> progress you really could, and need. it is sort of a qualitative vs.
> quantitative thing. (my career is as a software engineer, so i'm
> speaking from experience as somebody who has wasted and seen the money
> wasted due to want of real UX input.)

I'll take that bate. I am willing to be presumptuous enough to call myself a
"real user interface expert."

I am a Chemical Engineer by training. I have specialized training in failure
analysis as well as operability studies. I have designed and modified
real-world user interfaces. Granted, my experience is with user interfaces
that can result in death and dismemberment, but the lessons learned apply.

Does the committee accept my qualifications as valid and useful?

Jody Harris