[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #939: the CLI should fail gracefully when tahoe: doesn't exist and no alias is specified

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Thu Feb 11 02:51:44 UTC 2010

#939: the CLI should fail gracefully when tahoe: doesn't exist and no alias is
specified
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  kevan                 |           Owner:  kevan
     Type:  defect                |          Status:  assigned

Comment(by kevan):

 I'm attaching a patch that I think fixes this, and a few other problems
 related to explicitly specified aliases that don't exist.

 When you invoke a command with no alias when {{{tahoe:}}} doesn't exist,
 or with an explicit alias that doesn't exist, you'll see something like:

 {{{
 wlan98-239:tahoe-1.6 kacarstensen$ ./bin/tahoe webopen fake:
 error: Unknown alias 'fake', please create it with 'tahoe add-alias' or
 'tahoe create-alias'.
 }}}
 or
 {{{
 wlan1-92:tahoe-1.6 kacarstensen$ ./bin/tahoe get -d ~/tahoe-test fake
 error: No alias specified, and the default 'tahoe' alias doesn't exist. To
 create it, use 'tahoe create-alias tahoe'.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/939#comment:6>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>