[tahoe-dev] Tonido P2P

Monty Zukowski monty at codetransform.com
Sun Feb 14 04:50:17 UTC 2010

I just searched the tahoe-dev archives and found no mention of the
Tonido "Personal P2P Platform", it seems like Tahoe would be a natural
fit for the Tonido Plug http://www.tonidoplug.com/ and their Tonido
development environment.  I haven't looked deeply at it, just wanted
to give you all a pointer to it.

>From the developer's guide (
http://developer.tonido.com/svn/codelathe/trunk/tonidosdk/doc/developersguide/Tonido%20Developers%20Guide.pdf
):

Tonido is a P2P Personal Web application Platform. Tonido is an
extensible personal web application development platform, that offers
an array of applications to make your digital life better and safer.

Since applications and data are always local, your private data never
has to reside on a third-party server and is available to you anytime:
both offline and online. Tonido applications are served right from
your own desktop by the built-in web server and allows easy access
from any device with a web browser. In short, your desktop has now
become both a client and server.

Tonido also connects to other Tonido instances directly via P2P
communication through the Tonido Network. For example, the Photos and
Workspace apps use the Tonido network to directly synchronize photos
and workspace data between members in a Tonido Group.

Monty