[tahoe-dev] running a helper - bandwidth considerations

Jody Harris imhavoc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 15:56:32 UTC 2010

If I'm understand it, trickle might allow me to limit the bandwidth
consumption for a helper, but it doesn't offer bandwidth consumption
reporting....

I think that restricting bandwidth is less useful than keeping track of
usage.

Running the helper on my relatively old, relatively slow server did (for a
single client) not seem to cause performance problems for the server.
(Although, I would probably need to switch to a newer, faster server to
support more than two concurrent connections.) My main concern is being able
to 'bill' for bandwidth.

jody
----
- Think carefully.
- Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
- Credo ut intelligam - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)