[tahoe-dev] UbuntuOne clone for Tahoe?

Jody Harris imhavoc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 17:03:53 UTC 2010

#597 would facilitate the required functionality without any need for
external "twiddling." Something in userspace would be all that would need to
be added to make it "fully functional" on the desktop end. (crontab entry or
a desktop applet to monitor local files for changed and fire off the sync
command and periodically check the tahoe dir for changes and fire off the
sync command.)

I do *not* see "TahoeOne" as something that *needs* to be core to Tahoe,
however, if #597 is implemented, it would be almost trivial to offer it. Of
course, a default alias would have to be created for this functionality (I
think there's a ticket for this already), and whatever tools fire off the
sync command would have to be supported if it was integrated into core.

Another important consideration is making the files available thought the
web interface without requiring the user to remember their dircap.

I do *not* see this as a priority issue. I do think it would be useful for
some.

jody
----
- Think carefully.
- Contra mundum - "Against the world" (St. Athanasius)
- Credo ut intelligam - "I believe that I may know" (St. Augustin of Hippo)