[tahoe-dev] to: the Boulder Area Tahoe-LAFS hacker group

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Sat Feb 27 19:27:25 UTC 2010

Folks:

Maciej Fijalkowski is back in town, and he and I would like to get
together some weekend and port Tahoe-LAFS to PyPy [1]. (This will
probably require rewriting pycryptopp [2] and zfec [3] to use ctypes
instead of the CPython API, which might be a bigger job than we can
do in one weekend, but hey it will be fun to try.)

Paul Hummer recently asked if we could have a Boulder-area Tahoe-LAFS
hack fest, and I know a couple of other folks around here who might
like to participate. Please write back to me privately saying what
weekends in March you could make it and I'll set a date and announce it!

[1] http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/
[2] http://allmydata.org/trac/pycryptopp
[3] http://allmydata.org/trac/zfec