[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #217: DSA-based mutable files -- small URLs, fast file creation
david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Thu Jan 7 08:27:55 UTC 2010
Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> That's an excellent point. Could you please add it to the trac
> ticket at: http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/217 ? Unfortunately
> not all media can carry URLs without exposing them to humans. This
> email message, for instance, had to expose that URL to the reader.
> I'm not sure if Nate Lawson's blog comments can accept HTML or
> another format that hides URLs from humans.
> By the way, here is another link to my blog: http://
- observe that clicking won't work because only "http://" is
- move mouse approximately to start of link
- carefully position mouse pointer to the left of the 'h',
on the right-hand half of the preceding space
- visually check that mouse pointer is a text selection cursor
and not a hand cursor
- click and drag to highlight all four lines of the wrapped URL
- press Ctrl-C
- move mouse to web browser window and click
- press Ctrl-T (new tab)
- press Ctrl-V
- visually check that URL didn't get mangled. Since it isn't
fully visible in the address bar, this check requires:
click, pause, click-drag to end, scan for mangling,
click, pause, click-drag to front, scan for mangling,
click to unselect.
(Maybe this is more clicks than necessary, but it's what I
actually did. The pauses are a habit to avoid Windows'
horrible double-click behaviour in text fields.)
- URL was not mangled. Press Enter.
Phew. That should have been:
- observe that full URL is highlighted
- move mouse pointer to URL and click.
David-Sarah Hopwood ⚥ http://davidsarah.livejournal.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 292 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tahoe-dev