[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #217: DSA-based mutable files -- small URLs, fast file creation

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Thu Jan 7 08:27:55 UTC 2010

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn wrote:
> That's an excellent point.  Could you please add it to the trac
> ticket at: http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/217 ? Unfortunately
> not all media can carry URLs without exposing them to humans. This
> email message, for instance, had to expose that URL to the reader.
> I'm not sure if Nate Lawson's blog comments can accept HTML or
> another format that hides URLs from humans.
>
> By the way, here is another link to my blog: http://
> testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI:DIR2-
> RO:j74uhg25nwdpjpacl6rkat2yhm:kav7ijeft5h7r7rxdp5bgtlt3viv32yabqajkrdyko
> zia5544jqa/wiki.html

 - observe that clicking won't work because only "http://" is
   highlighted
 - move mouse approximately to start of link
 - carefully position mouse pointer to the left of the 'h',
   on the right-hand half of the preceding space
 - visually check that mouse pointer is a text selection cursor
   and not a hand cursor
 - click and drag to highlight all four lines of the wrapped URL
 - press Ctrl-C
 - move mouse to web browser window and click
 - press Ctrl-T (new tab)
 - press Ctrl-V
 - visually check that URL didn't get mangled. Since it isn't
   fully visible in the address bar, this check requires:
     click, pause, click-drag to end, scan for mangling,
     click, pause, click-drag to front, scan for mangling,
     click to unselect.
   (Maybe this is more clicks than necessary, but it's what I
   actually did. The pauses are a habit to avoid Windows'
   horrible double-click behaviour in text fields.)
 - URL was not mangled. Press Enter.

Phew. That should have been:
 - observe that full URL is highlighted
 - move mouse pointer to URL and click.