[tahoe-dev] Java client?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:33:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Brian Warner <warner at lothar.com> wrote:

> getting our favorite crypto primitives and FEC libraries available from the target language,

Here are my notes about crypto libraries in Javascript:

http://testgrid.allmydata.org:3567/uri/URI:DIR2-RO:j74uhg25nwdpjpacl6rkat2yhm:kav7ijeft5h7r7rxdp5bgtlt3viv32yabqajkrdykozia5544jqa/wiki.html#%5B%5Bquick%20reference%20guide%20to%20JavaScript%20crypto%20libraries%5D%5D

I suspect any secure storage system such as Tahoe-LAFS would be
painfully slow in 100% Pure Javascript. I'm really hoping that makers
of Javascript runtimes (browsers) will add crypto functions
implemented in native code which we can invoke from Javascript. Also
I'm hoping that they collectively agree on a common API. Also I'm
hoping that they implement all of my favorite crypto algorithms: AES,
SHA256, XSalsa20, RSA-PSS-MGF1(SHA-256), ECDSA(1363)/EMSA1(SHA-256),
and Blake32. And zfec-compatible Reed-Solomon. That would be fine!
Please tell all the browser makers you know.