[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #833: reject mutable children when *reading* an immutable dirnode

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Tue Jan 19 01:53:23 UTC 2010

#833: reject mutable children when *reading* an immutable dirnode
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  warner                                                                  |           Owner:  davidsarah
     Type:  defect                                                                  |          Status:  assigned

Comment(by warner):

 If we must use prefixes, let's use {{{unknown.}}} instead of {{{unk.}}} .
 We don't need these to be short, and abbreviated-to-the-point-of-
 incomprehensibility keywords drive me nuts.

 I don't know if the same argument applies to {{{imm.}}} or {{{ro.}}} or
 whatever.

 I haven't read the rest of the discussion thoroughly enough to have an
 intelligent opinion, but this prefix stuff makes me nervous. OTOH, the
 notion of attaching a "guard" to the cap seems to make sense. I just worry
 about last-minute changes to a two-year old API.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/833#comment:37>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>