[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #778: "shares of happiness" is the wrong measure; "servers of happiness" is better

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Thu Jan 21 04:38:47 UTC 2010

#778: "shares of happiness" is the wrong measure; "servers of happiness" is
better
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zooko                      |           Owner:  warner
     Type:  defect                     |          Status:  new

Comment(by kevan):

 I'm not sure what I think about making preexisting_shares a map to a set
 of peerids. It would remove the need for {{{should_add_server}}}, but
 would also make the end calculations more complicated. I'll think about
 that when I've worked through the rest of your comments.

 (of course, if I'm wrong in my last comment, maybe it makes sense to do
 that regardless of complexity)

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/778#comment:146>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>