[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #729: Tahoe backup should WARN and go on when finding errors like: links to deleted files or access/read permission denied in local files/directories

tahoe-lafs trac at allmydata.org
Wed Jan 27 20:13:28 UTC 2010

#729: Tahoe backup should WARN and go on when finding errors like: links to
deleted files or access/read permission denied in local files/directories
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
     Reporter:  stockrt            |       Owner:  francois
         Type:  defect             |      Status:  closed
    Component:  code-frontend-cli  |     Version:  1.4.1
   Resolution:  fixed              |    Keywords:  reviewed tahoe-backup symlink permissions reliability
Launchpad_bug:                     |

Comment(by warner):

 I kinda think we should also be skipping symlinks in general (not just
 dangling ones). The {{{os.path.isdir}}} and {{{os.path.isfile}}} tests
 will return True for symlinks that point to directories and files. So if
 we want to skip symlinks, those tests need to turn into {{{if
 os.path.isdir() and not os.path.islink()}}}, etc.

--
Ticket URL: <http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/ticket/729#comment:17>
tahoe-lafs <http://allmydata.org>