[tahoe-dev] 1.7.1 release plan and 1.8.0 plan

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Sat Jul 17 03:32:28 UTC 2010

Folks:

Tomorrow is the scheduled day for v1.7.1 to be released. I think for
probably the first time in the history of this project we're actually
going to put out a new stable release on the day that we said we
would. Hopefully this will be the common pattern from now on, as we
have more contributors nowadays, and we've gotten into a practice of
keeping trunk always releasable and having time-based releases instead
of feature-based releases.

Anyway, what you can expect tomorrow if you are a user is a stable
release which has several bugfixes compared to v1.7.0. Details are
still evolving; you can find all the details in The Roadmap [1].
(Also, please help! Report any bugs in v1.7.0, and help with the
tickets that are still in the "v1.7.1" Milestone and are still open.)

After releasing v1.7.1 we will then go on to commit a few refactorings
and clean-ups and improvements to trunk, and we'll be ready to release
a "v1.8β" in a few short weeks with substantial improvements (Brian's
New Downloader, revamped Windows packaging, Win64 support, hopefully
Faruq's multi-introducer patch, and probably a few more things).

[1] http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/roadmap