[tahoe-dev] [tahoe-lafs] #978: hard to navigate the docs to install, on Debian, with short attention span

David-Sarah Hopwood david-sarah at jacaranda.org
Sun Jul 18 03:49:17 UTC 2010

tahoe-lafs wrote:
> #978: hard to navigate the docs to install, on Debian, with short attention span
[...]
> Comment (by zooko):
>
>  Replying to [comment:12 zooko]:
>  >
>  > I suppose we committers could get into the habit of using "darcs amend
>  --edit" to edit the patch description and append a "committed by:
>  $USER\non: $DATE" line. Would that be good?
>
>  I've started experimenting with doing this, e.g.:
>  [20100718022832-c0148-4eb9faef45692f16a2098a1558155c672edd5b0f] where I
>  committed a patch of François's after adding NEWS and CREDITS to it and
>  editing the patch description to say I committed it on this date. One
>  consequence of this is that if you got François's original patch (from him
>  directly or by downloading it from the ticket) then his will conflict with
>  mine so you have to throw his away (with {{{darcs obliterate}}} before
>  pulling mine.

I don't like that consequence of this approach. Besides, the main problem is
that you can't see from a ticket which changeset a patch was committed in.
That's better addressed by making sure to add a comment to the ticket.
(I think the new version of trac we're using has a way of doing that
automatically.)