[tahoe-dev] two suggestions
gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Jul 28 01:06:03 UTC 2010
playing with test grid, I have several suggestions:
1) local web page should indicate IP address for servers that are not
2) if a node has had a share placement refused, that should be
indicated. a count of 'servers accepting shares' should be given too;
8/22 is one thing, but if it's 3/8/22 where only 3 accept shares, it's
3) everything in the WUI should be doable from the command line. We
need a systematic admin interface with full coverage of details.
'tahoe check' should be able to list servers holding shares.
4) tahoe check --repair should be able to force repair for files/dirs
that don't satisfy the current encoding rules. Even with 3/7/10 I get
files with 2 shares each on 5, and they are marked healthy. If there
are servers that will take more shares, it's hard to call that healthy
since it doesn't meet specs.
5) it seems obvious that with expiration this won't work long-term.
so why isn't expiry on by default?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 194 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the tahoe-dev