[tahoe-dev] ANNOUNCING Tahoe-LAFS v1.7β! Please test!

Wassim Drira drirawassim+tahoe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 16:39:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

Trying to run it on CentOS 5, I get this error:

STARTING /opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/client-sftp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/Twisted-10.0.0-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/app.py",
line 693, in run
    runApp(config)

  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/Twisted-10.0.0-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/scripts/twistd.py",
line 23, in runApp
    _SomeApplicationRunner(config).run()
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/Twisted-10.0.0-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/app.py",
line 411, in run
    self.application = self.createOrGetApplication()
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/Twisted-10.0.0-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/app.py",
line 494, in createOrGetApplication
    application = getApplication(self.config, passphrase)
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/Twisted-10.0.0-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/app.py",
line 505, in getApplication
    application = service.loadApplication(filename, style, passphrase)
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/Twisted-10.0.0-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/service.py",
line 390, in loadApplication
    application = sob.loadValueFromFile(filename, 'application', passphrase)
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/Twisted-10.0.0-py2.4-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/persisted/sob.py",
line 210, in loadValueFromFile
    exec fileObj in d, d
  File "tahoe-client.tac", line 10, in ?
    c = client.Client()
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/src/allmydata/client.py",
line 140, in __init__
    self.init_ftp_server()
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/src/allmydata/client.py",
line 417, in init_ftp_server
    s = ftpd.FTPServer(self, accountfile, accounturl, ftp_portstr)
  File
"/opt/tahoe-test/tahoe-beta/allmydata-tahoe-1.6.1-r4470/src/allmydata/frontends/ftpd.py",
line 293, in __init__
    raise AssertionError("your twisted is lacking a vital patch, see
docs/frontends/FTP-and-SFTP.txt")
exceptions.AssertionError: your twisted is lacking a vital patch, see
docs/frontends/FTP-and-SFTP.txt

Failed to load application: your twisted is lacking a vital patch, see
docs/frontends/FTP-and-SFTP.txt

client node probably not started

Regards,
---