[tahoe-dev] ANNOUNCING Tahoe-LAFS v1.7β! Please test!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zookog at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 05:44:31 UTC 2010

Okay folks, we've gotten some feedback from Wassim Drira. Thanks, Wassim!

I've used Tahoe-LAFS v1.7β myself to update my blog:

http://pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org/uri/URI:DIR2-RO:ixqhc4kdbjxc7o65xjnveoewym:5x6lwoxghrd5rxhwunzavft2qygfkt27oj3fbxlq4c6p45z5uneq/blog.html

Everyone reading this: if you've been wanting to play with Tahoe-LAFS,
then make time to do so this weekend, and use Tahoe-LAFS v1.7β! Please
write to this list if you try it out, even if nothing goes wrong and
it behaves just as well as Tahoe-LAFS v1.6.1 does.

If no major issues turn up, we'll release it as Tahoe-LAFS v1.7.0 next week! :-)

I detected an issue (#1079) but nothing critical enough that we need
to change it before v1.7.0 final. David-Sarah and I thought of a
problem in timestamp semantics which we might want to fix before
v1.7.0 final just in order to avoid letting people come to rely on the
wronger semantics. They opened a note about it on the wiki [1]. We'll
look into it more tomorrow.

http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/ticket/1079# upload of file into
dir doesn't appear on Recent Uploads and Downloads

[1] http://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/wiki/SftpFrontend?action=diff&version=25