[tahoe-dev] Advertised invalid node port

slush slush at centrum.cz
Tue Jun 15 19:56:58 UTC 2010

Hi,

My node is behind NAT, so I set up port forwarding to (say) port 10000
. As is in configuration.txt, I updated tahoe.cfg to these values:

[node]
nickname = slush1
web.port = tcp:3456:interface=127.0.0.1
web.static = public_html
tub.port = 10000
tub.location = <myip>:10000

When telneting from another machine, port forwarding is working well.

But when I start Tahoe and go to web interface of another Tahoe node
(say slush2, outside my NAT), in node list I see something like "Node
slush1: connected to <myip>::65293", but this port is closed on
firewall.

Where can I verify that my node advertise right IP&port? Can I check
if another nodes can connect me? I expect that connection described
above was estabilished by slush1 as a client, so port forwarding was
not in use here.

Thanks,
Marek